Saturday, January 28, 2006

Twice baked

I am not so happy with this filing your taxes online business. I like writing numbers in columns and do a little math. I have had the same calculator since high school and it works fine.

I am also not so happy with owing taxes left and right. But I managed to pay whatever I owed in federal tax before the software asked me to do impossible things, so I guess I should be happy.

We made biscotti for Dan's cousin Dino's birthday party, and they taste good.

The biscotti have cardemom and vanilla in them, and various experimental sugary glazes on the outside. (Mandarin oranges, Mexican chocolate, more cardemom.) The vanilla is of this possibly offensive but very good Danish brand:

The containers used to be round, but now apperently they are not anymore. Åsa brought this with her when she came to visit in November. The Danes themselves are not exporting it to the US, I don't think.

No comments: