Wednesday, May 23, 2012

more on death, and social media

One of our former students died over the weekend in a motorcycle accident. She and I were Facebook friends, and I've kept reading the comments on her Facebook wall as it has turned into a wall of condolences. It's very touching. She is loved.

Alice and I also followed each other on Instagram, the photo sharing app. The last photo on her Instagram feed is a picture of the three wheel rental motorcycle that she traveled on when they had the accident. Her comment under the picture: "What did I get myself into?"

Alice's death is heartbreaking. I don't have words for what that photo does.

2 comments:

Mayka said...

I just learned about this NOW through your blog. We had started following each other on Twitter/Instagram half a year ago or so. I don't know what to say.

Lotta K said...

Mayka, this is so so sad. Barbara Kelley has told me there will be a memorial service on campus, but I have not heard any details so I don't know. Her facebook page is very touching.