Wednesday, October 25, 2006

rambling

My friend Hans came to visit and he had sinus pressure in his whole head the entire time he was here so we never made it to the top of this mountain. But, Hasse, this is what it looks like up there. To the right a sliver of Silicon Valley, pollen capitol of the world.

Which reminds me: the official slogan of San Jose, CA, is "Where The Fun Never Stops." Has any PR firm ever come up with a decent slogan for any city or town anywhere in the world?

A recent example from Seattle, WA: "Metronatural."

All this reminds me that I actually grew up in "Silicon Uddevalley" (which in retrospect is a little spooky). That was a short-lived and somewhat embarrassing attempt at creating an identity for a small town out of thin air in the mid 1980's. I had forgotten all about it, but it's true. (It is.)

No comments: