Tuesday, December 19, 2006

if you're expecting something from me, now you know...

I mailed off my Christmas presents today. December 19 is distinctly better late than never.

The line at the post office was a mile long. But it took me almost all of my time in line to fill out all the customs forms.

The line at Office Depot to buy what little they had left of bubble wrap was a mile long too. And the stress level in the store was a mile high. At one point two 200 pound men made an entire shelf of sharpies fall to the floor just by trying to get past me holding all my bubble wrap and brown paper. They scrambled to pick up the sharpies, then rushed off to bigger and better things.

The atmosphere in the post office was pleasant. The employees at my post office are extremely nice. Especially one woman. I have no idea how she does it but she makes you want to stay in the post office longer. Her name is Hope. She is a wonder.

No comments: