Sunday, February 22, 2009

the oscars (liking hugh jackman a little bit less) (because I like billy chrystal)

I love Sean Penn, but I really don't love Slumdog Millionaire. What's with everybody?

Something else:

"If Harvey had not been taken from us 30 years ago, I think he'd want me to say to all those gay and lesbian kids out there tonight - who have been told that they are less than by their churches, by the government, or by their families - that you are beautiful, wonderful creatures that are valued."

Winning original screenplay writer Dustin Lance Black on Harvey Milk.

3 comments:

mammigranten said...

Håller med dig fullkomligt att Billy CHrystal är bättre som värd. Jackman gjorde väl eg inget fel, men han var på fel plats helt enkelt.
Kommer ihåg en gala för några år sedan när Billy var med i alla filmer som var nominerade i en sån där rolig ihopmixadtrixad varinat. Han var bla Smeagol i Sagan om ringen, helt klart bästa galan hittills.

Däremot har jag knappt sett några filmer av de som var med, men många av dem vill jag se snarast...

cecilia said...

Sorry Lotta, I disagree, I really like Slumdog and thought it deserved every Oscar it got - however, I thought it was a really weak year film-wise, not sure it was a back-log form the writers strike, or what...

Also didn't like that you didn't get to see a clip from the films during nominations.

Lotta K said...

Hi Cecilia, I know, no one agrees with me... I just can;t see the heart warming part. Don;t know why.

Mammigranten, undrar vad du kommer att tycka om Slumdog!