Saturday, January 20, 2007

... and of course the beer and the hard liquor

Yesterday in the San Jose museum of art gift store I came across a designer I hadn't heard of before. For obvious reasons I had to buy a notebook designed by Lotta Jansdotter. (I am addicted to notebooks.) I also got to instruct the store workers on how to pronounce her name.

Interesting to me is how, according to the website, she is very popular in Japan. Design- and foodwise, there are distinct similarities between Japan and Scandinavia. We sure like our salmon and our mackerel, and our faint lines against solid color backgrounds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roligt du hittat Lotta Jansdotter grejer. Jag hörde talas om henne av en slump tidigare och tyckte hon hade fina grejer och intressant bakgrund. Roligt när "mindre" skandinaviska designers kan lyckas i USA.
-Anne

Anonymous said...

I like the apron too! Very nice.