Sunday, January 07, 2007

julgransplundring

Lots of people end up on my blog after having googled the word 'julgransplundring'.

A julgransplundring ('the plundering of the tree') is a traditional party for kids where you finish off all Christmas treats, including tearing down the ones that have been hanging on the tree, dance around the tree one last time (yeah, Swedish people dance around their trees), have cake, and then literally throw the tree out the door.

It's usually celebrated on January 13, twenty days after Christmas. Each kid get a bag of treats to take home. You also get a tummy ache.

2 comments:

JaCal said...

I have lots of people ending up on my blog after having googled the word "korv"...

I'm throwing a "julgrandsplundring" on Saturday. I want that bag of treats! ;-)

Lotta K said...

Korv, smaskens! Easily a part of a julgransplundring menu, too...!