Friday, January 26, 2007

exercises

So this was cool: My teacher liked the three little scenes I wrote (because that was the assignment) from the field trip last week to downtown San Jose.

This was my first creative writing exercise ever. Or at least since 7th grade, or whenever it was our ordinary teacher was out sick and we had a hip young substitute who told us to go outside and write down what we saw.

I remember writing about the concrete rooster that was our school's only outdoor art object. I remember that the art teacher hated the rooster. He also hated other things. I think he had a temper problem, and maybe a drinking problem. He's dead now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like your class. I take a class in "how to write a personal essay" and I think it is just a little to personal for me, I'm just not good at that kind of writing. But it's a class, so hopefully I'll improve. Anyway, it's great fun!