Thursday, March 27, 2008

trends. aren't they boring. aren't we dumb to care.

Taffel.se, an excellent online Swedish food newsletter, mentions edamame this week. I just got the email this morning. As a matter of fact, I got the email as I was watching The Today Show. And, guess what? Right as I was reading that newsletter, I heard that according to the Today Show edemame is out. Not trendy anymore. We're on to something else.

I switched channels to MSNBC where they had a commercial for a skin treatment with shiitake mushroom in it.

You wonder what's in now when edamame is out? Fresh garbanzos. Raw chick peas. I am sure they taste pretty much the same but they will make you oh so hip. You can watch the video clip on the Today Show website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVE edamame. We buy it at costco. I don't think there was a trend for edamame, just re-discovered. It will stay around in our house cause we love em! Manny likes to say the word Ed-Ah-Ma-Me. Then he says Ed-Ah-Pa-Pe... :0) -Noel

Lotta K said...

Always with the gender Noel. !! Say hi to Manny for me. Are your parents still there? Hi to mom and dad too!