Wednesday, September 17, 2008

halloween food

Dan always tells me I throw out food that is perfectly fine. So for that reason today I took the seven carrots that were hiding at the bottom of the crisper and made carrot soup. The carrots were a bit beyond their prime (had they been furniture they would have been shabby chic), but the only other ingredient was garlic, and that was fresh.

I took: carrots, cut up in pieces, and garlic, and let that sweat in olive oil.
I added: salt, black pepper, cumin, and allspice.
And then: water to cover generously, and a chicken bouillon cube.
I let it: Boil until the carrots were soft.
Then I zapped it with the hand blender.
Natural yogurt (yeah, the Russian again), and dill on top.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice recipe for Halloween food. Thanks…!

Anonymous said...

that looks fab-you-lous! babs

Lotta K said...

It was yummy babs! and healthy!

Petchie75 said...

Ha ha, jag har samma problem med O - jag slänger gammal mat nuförtiden I SMYG ;-) Morotssoppan låter mumsig iaf så det receptet ska jag testa - speciellt som vi har ett antal kilo morötter från Costco i kylen...