Thursday, April 23, 2009

modernity

When you have chemo, you know that you're going to loose your hair. Being bald isn't fun, but there is nothing you can do about it.

What they don't tell you before hand, is that it's very likely you are also going to get fat. That's a side effect from all the different medications that come with the chemo.

Yeah, bald and fat.

So, I've had a few pounds to loose. Most of it is gone, but I am still on a carrot heavy diet.

The other day Dan's truck needed work. I dropped it off, and walked home. It took me about an hour and a half, which was good. Carrot diets should be accompanied by lots of exercise, we all know that.

Yesterday I timed myself again, when I walked over there to pick up the truck. An hour and a half, on the nose.

The drive home? 12 minutes.

2 comments:

cecilia said...

judging from your new picture i think the diet is working because you look lovely!
have been away for a while (mentally) that is, so haven't been able to read your blog for a while, but hoping all is well with you!!

Lotta K said...

thanks cecilia!