Monday, November 13, 2006

powers

So I had an errand today and when I was done and wanted to leave my car was dead. I checked the lights (working) and opened the engine and poked around a little. Obviously I couldn't find anything wrong, it all looked good to me. I called Dan but he was an hour away, and busy. So I just stood there looking lost, thinking about what to do next. Engine still open though, I figured I needed to signal my distress somehow.

About 45 seconds later a wandering mechanic showed up, adapted something to the battery to measure something, deemed it insufficient, got some cables, jump started the car, and off we went to get a new battery. He installed it in five seconds and the car started like a charm.

This may be the best part about the US. Whenever something happens to your car, people just show up and are extremely helpful.

Guy was from Nicaragua, had been to war, and said he had healed himself from the terrors of that experience by positive thinking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Så fint att se en bild av Uddevalla i ditt fotoalbum! Den där vyn genomgår bara små förändringar, jag har nästan exakt samma uppsatt i min hall, där bara bilmodellerna vittnar om att det handlar om tidigt 50-tal!

Anonymous said...

Hej Lotta,
såg att du skrivit kommentar på min blogg. Tack. Jag brukar regelbundet surfa in på din blogg, hittade den tidigare på sviv men har aldrig skrivit nån kommentar...
Måste bara säga att du fotar väldigt bra och fina bilder.
-Anne
www.utvandrare2000talet.blogg.se

Lotta K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.