Thursday, January 26, 2006

Kind of a long day at work

So that we have been talking about racism a lot in my classes this week. We do that all the time because that's pretty much the point.

But what can I tell you. People don't want to hear it because they don't want to believe it's the truth.

One of the girls said she had been excluded from a group trip because someone wouldn't be comfortable having her as a guest. She is black. That made me cry, right then and there. It's 2006. The more I listen to these stories the harder it gets.

This article by Peggy McIntosh is good.

On a lighter note:












I go to three different grocery stores. One of them is kind of out of my way but it's the only place where I have found this orange flavored fizzy water. It's the best fizzy water ever. The orange tree I walk past on my way to work every day.

No comments: