Monday, May 26, 2008

now I want a lemon tree

I had a private lesson once on how to make the perfect Lemon Meringue Pie. The mom of one of my friends did a step by step demonstration. We made her, after she had let it slip that in her youth she had won pie baking contests arranged by either The 4H or The Future Farmers of America, I don't remember which.

The pie indeed came out wonderful. Her secret trick: a perfect seal between the meringue top and the crust.

Seems like that seal happened all on its own there on the pie I made today. Lemons came from Kathy (thanks Kathy), and the recipe from here. I used more juice and less water, though, because those home grown and flagrant lemons were also the juiciest.

2 comments:

Petchie75 said...

Jag ÄLSKAR citronmarängtårtor!! En av de maträtterna (är det en maträtt egentligen!?) som jag saknar från Bryssel!! Tack för receptet, det ska jag testa eftersom vi har en massa citroner just nu... mums!!

Lotta K said...

If chocolate is a food group... hahaha jag tror det är en maträtt! Lycka till med baket!