Sunday, October 29, 2006

acorn squash

I think acorn squash tastes like artichoke. I think maybe it can use some lemon in addition to that butter.

Decided to read up on squashes. There are lots.

First time I was invited to someone's house for dinner in the United States they served squash baked in the oven with brown sugar on top to go with a chicken dish and probably some other veggie that I don't remember. I had never had anything that sweet for dinner that wasn't dessert and I didn't like it.

Now I do like that kind of sweetness. And I like Fall when you can put cinnamon and nutmeg on pretty much everything. But whenever I do I look around for some citrus for balance.

I have been making cake with lots of cardemom, cinnamon, and nutmeg lately. It's good. But I think it would be even better with some orange.

No comments: