Wednesday, March 12, 2008

this is all I eat now

I took The Pioneer Woman's suggestion and made a salad dressing that was originally created by Jamie Oliver. And I've had huge salads twice a day ever since. OK it's only been three days but it has changed my life.

The original version contains chopped cilantro, but since it doesn't keep very well I omit it so that I can make a big batch of the dressing and keep it in the fridge for a couple of days. I make sure to include cilantro in whatever salad I am making though because the flavor is pretty irresistible.

I just did some math to make the measurements accessible to everyone. So, go ahead and mix these things:

juice of one lime
8 tablespoons/120 ml olive oil
2 tablespoons/30 ml sesame oil
6 tablespoons/90 ml soy sauce
1/3 cup/80 ml brown sugar
3 tablespoons/45 ml chopped ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 hot peppers, veined and chopped

2 comments:

Petchie75 said...

Intressant recept, ska bara skaffa sesamolja och ingefära så kan jag också testa dressingen!
Lärde mig från Rachel Ray för nga veckor sedan att cilantro är färsk koriander i USA, och coriander är pulvret från frukten - äntligen fattade O och jag hur det hänger ihop!! I Europa kallar man ju båda för koriander.

Lotta K said...

American English är verkligen ett eget språk. We don't have a language, säger amerikaner. Har ni visst, säger jag.