Tuesday, October 30, 2007

like I said, we have parted ways

Guess what? All those people from the local paper I was listening to last night, they kept saying how newspapers need to be on top of the news at all times in 20 minutes intervals and how they need to be online and in chips in our eyebrows (she actually said that, the executive editor).

And then, guess what? The San Jose Mercury News had nothing on their website about the earthquake. I found out what I needed to know on my own, using google. And I bet my blog was updated before the Merc was.

And I am not even doing news. I am doing random fun stuff.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Hehe, jag hade mitt inlägg uppe på bloggen 10 minuter efter skalvet. När jag först kollade infon efter skalvet på earthquakes.usgs.com så fanns det inte ens med där ännu.

Lite lustigt det där, att vi via nätet kan få information på studs.

Jo, jag märkte också att alla telfonlinjer slogs ut. Ville ju ringa maken på jobbet och kolla läget. Men han hade i godan ro ätit pizza i Redwood City, och till sin egen besvikelse, inte känt av skalvet alls. Jag kände det dock rejält.

JaCal said...

Why don't Mecury News focus on their money-making business while the world continues outside their offices...

Subscribing to blogs using RSS is a quicker way to learn about what's going on...

Lotta K said...

I saw both of your entries. I just think this is so funny. Or sad. Monica, you seem to have found the correct websites really fast. When I was listening to that editor last night she went on and on about how important it is to be fast. If so, why aren;t the professionals better at it?