Wednesday, October 24, 2007

so today there will be a party and I am sad I can't be there

The little girl to the left in the photo is my aunt. She is my father's much older sister. She is about 7 in this picture, which would mean the photo may have been taken in 1914. My aunt was born on October 24, 1907. Today is her 100th birthday.

The other little girl in the picture was my aunt's best friend. Her mother had made the identical dresses the girls are wearing. My grandmother had made the crocheted shawl-like little things they are wearing over their shoulders. The girls are sitting on little foot stools, and I think those were the ones my aunt and her husband kneeled on when getting married some 20 years after this picture was taken. The sofa in the background belongs to my parents now.

My aunt still lives in her own apartment, and she still owns one of the foot stools. The other one she has given to my parents.

1 comment:

Petchie75 said...

Wow, tänk att bli så gammal, och vad kul med minnena till pallarna.
Hoppas att din faster fick en fin födelsedag!