Friday, March 31, 2006

on the road

Hello all, this is Dan blogging for Lotta.
Bad news. Something really unexpected. With the recent upsurge in paranoia over illegal immigrants, the INS (now the ICE) has been trying to clean up its files not just with Latin American immigrants, but ALL immigrants. There was glitch in Lotta's green card paperwork over her work status and they sent her an official letter asking her to clear it up. At first we thought we could just refile but they forced her to leave the country and clear it up from Sweden. Lotta got on one of the last flights out of SFO tonight, and right now she is on her way home to work this all out. She hasn't been deported, as she chose to leave voluntarily, but she's scared they won't let her back in.

The only flight she could get was this horrible flight with all of these layovers. She wasn't sure which route she would be on, but she said she might be able to blog from airports during stop overs.



















Hi!
So this thing really threw me for a loop... I hate paperwork, and I really thought I had it all in order. And then I got on this crazy flight with lots of stops. It's going to take forever.
My first stop was actually in LA. Things were tense, but I felt I needed to be a part of the protest. Someone lent me their hat and it was great.

I also went through Antarctica. It was really cold.
From there I went north:
It was really big.

My last stop was Amsterdam. Things are crazy there!

Happy April Fool's Day everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pathetic and not even funny!