Tuesday, September 23, 2008

no, she wasn't listening to the radio either

After my class and my office hour today I left our building and stepped out into the perfect California September day. There was a nice warm breeze, and sunshine. Finally the heat is gone.

As I was walking towards my car I really paid attention to how wonderful the sun and the breeze felt. I was doing a good job of appreciating the moment.

I reached my car. Next to it another car is parked, with the windows rolled down. Inside, a girl is eating her homemade lunch sandwich out of a plastic container.

See, that is something I do not understand. The campus has beautiful lawns, and benches everywhere. Why eat in your car?

2 comments:

cecilia said...

I see this a lot in SF. People drive down to the bridge or the beach, or other beautiful spots around here, open the door to let some air in, but remain in the car. There are even pic-nic tables 10 metres ahead.
I don't get it.

Lotta K said...

I think for Americans their car is an extension of their house. It's somewhere they live. I see it more like an over sized bicycle.