Tuesday, November 18, 2008

david bowie, -72: not jaded

So in a successful attempt to further feed the European nostalgia that I have been suffering from I got the David Bowie Live Santa Monica -72 CD.

At the end of Andy Warhol (the song), our favorite David talks about having eaten a piece of palm tree along with his rock star's lobster tail earlier the same day (Oct. 20, 1972, for those of you who are interested).

You can hear the English boy's awe in his voice.

And it's not about the lobster.

That's how I feel too, every day, everywhere I turn. Palm trees, more palm trees, and the shadows of palm trees.

Pinch me, somebody.

2 comments:

Petchie75 said...

Japp, känner igen känslan - att gå och ducka under palmblad och titta på små ödlor som kilar förbi... Det är fortfarande exotiskt!

Lotta K said...

Hahahha! visst är det roligt! Jag har humming birds i träden ofta, och varje gång tänker jag på Kalle Ankas jul.