Wednesday, November 19, 2008

power

This quote sat at the bottom of an email I received from a student today, the way many people have quotes that get glued onto the bottom of every email they send. I have one too. My favorite Malcolm X quote even appears at the bottom of this blog page.

Anyway. I actually read the quote, even though I've read it before many times in other places. It struck me as true, today, for some reason:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
- Marianne Williamson

No comments: