Monday, October 08, 2007

people are randomly funny. old ladies are cool.

It's very sunny and warm today, so I was actually wearing my sunglasses right now when I was out in the street attempting to put new wipers blades on my car. I've owned the car for almost 12 years and this is the first time I have replaced them. There is a storm coming in tomorrow, and the rubber on the old blades was glued to the windshield. So I figured it was time.

The old wipers had a nice patina, and given the fact that I bought the car from a lady in Santa Barbara where it hardly ever rains, they may very well have been original.

It was a sweaty half hour. When my patience was running out the first time, I got out the WD 40. When my patience ran out the second time, I tried to be rational. And I actually figured it out. The instructions said 'snap!' and that's how it happened.

As I was finishing up a couple in their 60's walked by.

- That's a nice Karmann Ghia, the man said. What year it is?
- -72, I said.
- My mom had a -65, the woman said. She was bad! She drove it 90 miles an hour. And she actually wanted to be buried in it, but I told her that would be an expensive funeral.

3 comments:

Isle Dance said...

Fun auto!! Good job on the wipes.

Lotta K said...

Thanks! Oo that was a difficult afternoon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.